Southern Illinois Game Notes:
- The last time SIU started the season 13-16 was 1996.
- SIU beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Salukis have beaten the spread.
- SIU has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- SIU has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Southern Illinois has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Jeff Early has four free throws made or more and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Anthony Beane Jr. has five rebounds or more.
- SIU set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Salukis have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Southern Illinois has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--SIU has a 2.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Desmar Jackson and Jeff Early) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jeff Early and Desmar Jackson) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Desmar Jackson has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 29 games this season.
- Jeff Early has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 29 games this season.
- Jeff Early has five straight double-digit point games.
Northern Iowa Game Notes:
- Marc Sonnen accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Marc Sonnen has led the team in scoring nine times in 30 games this season.
- Seth Tuttle has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 30 games this season.
- Deon Mitchell set a career high with eight assists.
Missouri Valley Standings
Last updated: Apr 10th, 2014